So after testing just about every configuration out there, we strongly feel simplicity is key to good performance when it comes to PPG COMMS
problems with other type units include
- to much electronics packed into the ear cups leaves no room for foam and air (main factors that determine the noise reduction ability
- to many wires and to much mess running all over the place making it super annoying to focus on flying and not getting distracted
- electrical interference from trying to run two way radio , bluetooth , and aviation radio all at once causes the audio quality to be reduced a fair amount
- 2 way radio is almost always hard to hear with the engine running and range is limited you already have an unlimited range comm in your pocket and you generally don't have to remember to charge it not to mention the audio is great !
- having more than push to talk button gets annoying because you generally can't use it without pulling some amount of brake on the glider. (bluetooth allows for more of a hands free operation)
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE 2 BLUETOOTH OPTIONS ?
ANSWER: FOR 100 DOLLARS MORE YOU CAN TALK TO AIRPLANES
Paring with a bluetooth aviation radio (ICOM A20) allows you to not only listen to music / take phone calls but also talk to and hear airplanes. (SENA ONLY)
Freed conn is a basic but just as good bluetooth that will allow you to pair to your phone only (calls and music) No airplane talking with freedconn
3M ear cups with upgraded gel ear pads (way better noise reduction)
includes headset, gel pads, and ear cups
we put these units together and make it completely ready to attach to your helmet. (if you also order a helmet we send it completely ready to fly
- 『FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset 2-Way Intercom』: TCOM-VB motorcycle communication system is designed specifically for motorcycle riders. It can connect up to 3 riders, but only 2 riders can talk at the same time, maximum helmet intercom communication distance up to 800m ( 2625 feet)
- 『Helmet Intercom with Bluetooth』:Built-in bluetoot system helps you connect smartphone stably, you can receive call on your phone, listen to music GPS navigation and talking to other paired riders through the intercom. Auto answer/ reject Hands-free call function let you ride more safely and enjoy fun on the road with our motorcycle Bluetooth communication system .
- 『Advance Noise Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset』: It uses advanced DSP to eliminate echo and surrounding noise. You can hear clear voice quality even when you are riding at a high speed. Also we have hard microphone and soft microphone for choose. The Hard mic for modular and half-face,3/4 helmet and soft mic for full-face helmet
- 『Waterproof Wireless Motorcycle Communication Headsets』: The water-resistant motorcycle bluetooth headset allows you to use it in any weather condition, no need to worrying it no matter rainy or snowy days. Ideal gifts for motorcycle riding, skiing and other adventurous sports.(Please keep it dry if it get wet)
- 『100% After-Sales Guarantee&Large Battery Motorcycle Intercom』: Bluetooth headset has 400mAh rechargeable battery . It supports phone talk time up to 10 hours ,intercom time up to 5 hours and 300 hours standby time.
The SMH10R is a Bluetooth 3.0 stereo headset with long-range Bluetooth intercom for motorcycle helmets. With the SMH10R, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigation by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
The SMH10R-01 is a low-profile, Bluetooth v3.0 + EDR Class 1 Stereo Headset with long-range Bluetooth Intercom designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH10R-01, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigations by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Features include Bluetooth 3.0, multi-point connection, and conferencing for up to 4 people
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH10R-01 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, its super-thin and compact form factor contribute higher performance for sports bike riding and makes the SMH10R a perfect companion of motorcycle riders.
Bluetooth v3.0 Wireless
SMH10R-01 can wirelessly connect to other Bluetooth devices supporting HSP/HFP (Headset Profile/Hands Free Profile) and A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution Profile). HSP/HFP is standard in all phones with Bluetooth features. Almost all Bluetooth MP3 players, smartphone, and audio dongles support A2DP to send stereo audio to Bluetooth headsets like the Sena SMH10R-01. Enjoy Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back.
Other Bluetooth features include Multi-Pair to allow intercom functionality for 4 persons, and compatibility with select motorcycle GPS systems.
Use as an intercom, or connect to your portable devices
Safety is a key factor when out on the road and Sena has integrated voice prompts into all of their units to ensure riders can maintain handsfree control. Voice prompts allow riders to operate functions such as GPS, volume control, mobile phone calls and more without needing to take their hands off of the handle bars. Sena provide voice prompt options for multi-language, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.This is necessary to ensure safety is maintained during times of traffic or congestion.
Individual Adjustable Volume Profiles
You can easily decrease/increase the volume of the voice, music and intercom using Jog Dial. The SMH10R-01 can save volume levels of previously connected profiles. This means that phone volume (HSP/HFP), music volume (A2DP), and intercom volumes will be saved separately and return to its own saved volume level whenever associated profile is reconnected.
Profile volume adjustment is only affected during the use of its specific profile. However, when changing volume during standby mode, then volume change applies to all profiles. Alert tones like low battery warning and connection tones can only be adjusted in standby mode.